You are seeing this message because we detected that this browser is out of date
and does not support the features that make The ReviewA secure and easy to use.
Please update this browser to the latest version or install one of the browsers we recommend below.
If you believe your browser is up to date, please contact us (Please send your browser version.)
Boost your workplace emotional intelligence with Applied EI. This program is designed to help employees at all levels be more self-aware, empathetic and resilient. Applied EI is built on emotional intelligence and social neuroscience, and helps to create well-equipped leaders of tomorrow.
The program covers the six core competencies of the Genos Emotional Intelligence model. Participants will gain the ability to manage their emotions intelligently to enhance their decisions, behaviour and performance.
Module 1: Self-Awareness
Take a deep dive into emotional self-awareness – awareness of the way we feel. The way we feel influences our thoughts and the decisions we make, it shows up in our behaviour at home and at work and significantly impacts performance. Becoming more self-aware improves the quality of our relationships at work and also our personal lives.
Module 2: Awareness of Others
Awareness of others is about perceiving, understanding and acknowledging the way others feel. This module will help you develop tools and techniques for enhancing your awareness of others and empathy, so you can more accurately view situations from the perspective of others, anticipate responses and be more behaviourally agile. Being more situational in your approach will allow you to better connect with, communicate to, and influence those you work with.
Module 3: Authenticity
Authenticity is about openly and effectively expressing oneself, honouring commitments and encouraging this behaviour in others. This module will help you find effective ways of expressing how you feel, and practice applying a model to facilitate challenging conversations, to enhance how we connect and build relational trust with others.
Module 4: Emotional Reasoning
Emotional reasoning is about using the information in feelings (from oneself and others) and combining it with other facts and information when decision-making. This module will discuss how to use purpose and values to guide our reasoning when decision making and explore tools and techniques for generating new knowledge and ways of approaching problems.
Module 5: Self-Management
Self-Management is about managing one’s own mood and emotions; time and behaviour; and continuously improving oneself. Learn how to enhance how you manage your own mood and emotions, stress and workloads, and bounce back from the challenges life throws at you.
Module 6: Positive Influence
Positive Influence is about positively influencing the way others feel through problem solving, providing feedback and recognising and supporting others’ work. In this module, explore the things you can do to boost the quality of your day-to-day social interactions. Identify a close personal relationship you could improve, the actions you could take to do so and explore a coaching model for helping others respond to their challenging situations effectively.
Using emotional intelligence as the medium, participants will enhance self-awareness and capacity to:
• flex their style to best connect, communicate and collaborate with diverse personalities;
• bring together different team member perspectives for effective collaboration;
• hold authentic conversations with others about their behaviour and performance
• helping facilitate psychological safety;
• improve their own and others’ wellbeing.
Mode of delivery (choose applicable): Blended / In class / Distance / In house / Presented course / Public
Duration: 90-120 minutes
Accredited or Non accredited (if accredited, please supply SETA accredited with AND accreditation number)
Genos International Accredited
Qualification Number / Unit standard number (if applicable):
Cost (Optional): R8750 per session per team up to 24 people
1. 6 x 90 minute instructor lead learning modules. Each module comprises inspiration content, practical tools, techniques and activities. Participants learn with like-minded colleagues and interact with internationally recognised facilitators who develop emotional intelligence within Fortune 500 companies every day.
2. A Genos 180 Emotional Intelligence Assessment and Digital Report. This assessment provides participants with feedback on how well they demonstrate emotionally intelligent behaviours helping to personalise the course content to their individual needs. The digital report takes participants through a process that helps them turn their results into a meaningful action plan.
3. A comprehensive digital workbook detailing the tools and techniques used in the program and space to support note-taking and personal development planning. (Additional Printing levy of R150 per person if required)
Travel, Accommodation, Printing, One-on-One results feedback
Training provider BBBEE Level: 4
Name & Surname: Chrystal Austin