Choosing healthy food is important if you want to feel great and stay well, but equally as important are the beverages you choose to consume. But with so many supposedly health-enhancing beverages to choose from today, how are you to know what really are the healthiest beverages?
Below is a list of beverages that you could drink to stay healthy:
Water helps restore fluid losses and helps rehydrate the body. Although we're often told to drink 8 cups of water each day, the amount of water we need varies from person to person. It depends on the amount of food you eat; how active you are and the climate you live in. Most people get about 80% of their fluids from beverages, the rest comes from food. Here are some of the benefits of drinking a sufficient amount of water each day:
· It lubricates the joints
· It forms saliva and mucus
· It boosts skin health and beauty
· It cushions the brain, spinal cord, and other sensitive tissues
· It regulates body temperature
· It flushes body waste
· It helps maintain blood pressure
2. Green tea
Green tea is the healthiest beverage on the planet. It is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have powerful effects on the body. These include improved brain function, fat loss, a lower risk of cancer and many other impressive benefits.
Here’s a list of green tea’s other amazing benefits:
· Weight Loss. Green tea increases the metabolism. The polyphenol found in green tea works to intensify levels of fat oxidation and the rate at which your body turns food into calories.
· Diabetes. Green tea apparently helps regulate glucose levels slowing the rise of blood sugar after eating. This can prevent high insulin spikes and resulting fat storage.
· Heart Disease. Green tea works on the lining of blood vessels, helping keep them stay relaxed and better able to withstand changes in blood pressure. It may also protect against the formation of clots, which are the primary cause of heart attacks.
3. Coconut Water
Coconut water has become a very trendy beverage. It’s tasty, refreshing and also happens to be good for you. What’s more, it’s loaded with several important nutrients, including minerals that most people don't get enough of.
Here are some health benefits of coconut water.
· Good Source of Several Nutrients
· Has Benefits Against Diabetes
· Helps Prevent Kidney Stones
· Supports Heart Health
Milk has always been there for you, hasn’t it? Advertised as an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D since you were a child, it may seem like less of a grown-up drink than other options, but milk is a great source of protein and other essential micronutrients. Here is a list of the Nutrients that are found in milk and their benefits:
· Calcium: Builds healthy bones and teeth; maintains bone mass
· Protein: Serves as a source of energy; builds/repairs muscle tissue
· Potassium: Helps maintain a healthy blood pressure
· Phosphorus: Helps strengthen bones and generate energy
· Vitamin D: Helps maintain bones
· Vitamin B12: Maintains healthy red blood cells and nerve tissue
· Vitamin A: Maintains the immune system; helps maintain normal vision and skin
5. Ginger Tea
Like her majesty green tea before it, ginger tea is a great way to flavour water with added boosts. Ginger is an excellent natural remedy for all tummy troubles. It has been promoted as a way to sooth an upset stomach, relieve motion sickness and pregnancy related nausea, and ease digestion.